Mung Beans pack quite a bunch when it comes to nutrition, They are a high in protein and low in calories.
Health Benefits of Mung Beans:
- Good source of protein
- Good source of dietary fibre which can help to lower cholesterol, prevent constipation and keeps you feeling full for longer
- Low in sodium
- Low in cholesterol
- Contain Vitamins: A and Vitamin B
Steps for Cooking Mung Beans:
- Pour the mung beans into a sieve.
- Rinse them very well under cold running water.
- Remove any debris or stones.
- Put the beans into a pot and cover with cold water. The water should be about inches above the lentils.
- Bring the beans to the boil.
- Once the beans have come to the boil reduce the heat and cook for about 45mins
- Always salt the beans at the end of the cooking process