Rice is a food staple and primary crop grown all over the world. There are several different types of rice — including long-grain brown basmati, black rice, white rice and sticky (or glutinous) rice — but in terms of health benefits brown rice is king and is one of the healthiest of all the rice.
Cooking Brown Basmati Rice:
- In a medium saucepan combine 100g of rice, with 200g of water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bring water to the boil while staring.
- One the water has come to the boil cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 50 minutes. (Do not lift the lid or stir!)
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.