Making the perfect Homemade Mayonnaise is so easy to make that it boggles the mind why anyone would buy it. I make mine in my magimix but if you don’t have one you can use a Braun MQ725 Multiquick Hand Blender, Black. The key to making good mayonnaise is not to rush it. When you start to add the oil you must add it as slowly as possible and when I say slowly I mean drip buy drip. Once the mayonnaise starts to combine you can start to pour the oil a little faster. In my recipe I start with sunflower oil but about 3/4 the way through I switch to cold pressed extra virgin olive oil as I think the olive oil gives a beautifully rich flavour. It also has the added bonus of being much healthier for you. You can make a large quantity of it and simply store it in the fridge for up to a week.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp French mustard
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 20 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- pinch of salt
- Separate the white and yolks of 2 eggs.
- Put the egg yolks into a food processor with the mustard and pulse for a few seconds (you can use the egg white for an egg white omelette)
- Turn on the food processor and VERY slowly pour the sunflower oil into the mixture.
- As the mayonnaise starts to combine you can increase the speed in which you pour in the oil.
- When the sunflower oil is finished start pouring in the extra virgin olive oil.
- Season with the vinegar and salt at the end.
- Store in a sealed jar for up to a week.
*This post contains some affiliate links. If you are happy to click on them and support the blog, thank you very much. If you would rather not, you can just google the product.