Whether your looking for something to satisfy your sweet tooth or just a heathy snack to pop into the kids lunch box, these Oatmeal and Raisins Hazelnut Cookies are exactly what you are looking for. Not only are they super tasty but they are also super easy to make.
There are 3 different types of oats you can buy, rolled oats, steeled-cut oats or instant oats but for this recipe I think rolled oats are the best fit because they cook so well for the type of recipe.
You can easily switch up this recipe by changing the nuts you use or switching up the spices. I know some people prefer to use cinnamon but that’s entirely your decision. Same goes with the oil, using butter would give the cookies a creamier flavour but you have to bare in mind the extra calories.
- 175g plain white flour or farina 00
- 150g oatmeal
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp baking power
- ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- 125g demerara brown sugar
- 50g raisins
- 50g hazel nuts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 5 tbsp milk
- Sieve flour, ground ginger, baking power and bicarbonate soda into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add demerara sugar, raisins and hazel nuts.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add the egg sunflower oil and milk and.combine into the mixture
- Preheat the oven to 200℃ / 400℉ / Gas Mark 6.
- Place a sheet of baking paper onto a large baking try.
- Roll the dough into small sized balls, and place 3 inches apart on the baking paper.
- Bake for 15mins in a preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack for 10mins